CBR Fund essentials :
The core motivation of the Cross Border Reconstruction (CBR) fund is to rebuild social,
commercial and facilities infrastructures in order to speed up the implementation of
environmentally sound practices in the post war areas and reduce the human impact on global
warming in these regions where the lack of economic opportunities may lead the local people to
follow short paths that in the end will worsen the situation.
The CBR Fund will bring an inclusive solution to the drawbacks described in the previous section,
by providing a strong support to public/private partnerships in sub national and local
initiatives while favouring the development of cross border value chains that are responsibly
operated, environmentally sound, and economicaly sustainable.
The risk is mitigated by a blended investment approach involving private companies as well as
public institutions investing in different share classes corresponding to different risk profiles.
The long term sustainability is guaranteed , and resulting from a business like selection and
management process to make sure that a selected project is bankable.
- Working at Sub National and local level to optimize the efficiency of the fund
- Consider cross border interactions to rebuild historic value chains and solve regional issues
- Focus on infrastructure and industrial projects that participates in
- promotion of value chains with strong economic and social impact
- Enforcement and improvement of ecological and environmental situation
- Focusing on the mining and natural resources value chains in order to impact quickly and
sorely the country economy.
- Enforcing traceability practices and introducing ethical certification processes
- Running the project in a private/public cooperation scheme to benefit from expertise and
advantages of both sides.
- Controlling and ensuring the project bankability through a business like approach
- Providing the project managers and investors with global and local assistance in order to
mitigate the risk, ease the implementation in the target area and facilitate the commercial
output of the project.